It’s fair to say that out of all the physical possessions you have in the world, your home is right up there as the most precious!
When you finally get to the position of being able to purchase your own house or apartment, you want to make sure that you keep it as safe and secure as possible.
Of course, this can be achieved through a number of different measures that have been developed and innovated over the years.
Here at Border Locksmiths, we obviously have more knowledge than most about what it takes to keep your property as safe as possible.
To give you some insight, here are some of our top tips about home security from a Byron Bay locksmith.
- Always remember to set your alarm before going to bed at night. You would be absolutely amazed by the amount of people who have a really advanced modern set up, only to never put it into action because they keep forgetting to set it at night.
- How long has it been since you updated your locks? Times move very quickly in the lock industry, and what was completely state of the art ten years ago might not even be deemed as satisfactory anymore. It might be worth investing in something new.
- Get into the habit of securing all your windows before going to bed at night, especially all downstairs windows. One of the most common ways the intruders get in is by sliding open a partially cracked window.
- Invest in a smart lighting set up for your home. This can be really helpful during periods of time when you are away from home, on holiday for example. You can remotely turn your lights on and off in order to give any potential intruders the impression that someone is home.
- Even if you think you don’t need one, it is always good practice to buy a safe and put all of your most valuable possession in it, especially during times when you are away. It’s a good idea to have a fireproof box for all your important documents.
So, if you would like to enlist the services of a Byron Bay locksmith in order to improve the security of your own home, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
A member of our trained and experienced team will be more than happy to visit your property and recommend which of our features would be best suited to your home.
We look forward to getting in contact with you.
For more tips on securing your home, read our previous blog!